See the winners and many of the entries at this year’s National Gingerbread House Competition at Grove Park Inn in Asheville. Except for the base, all of the 180 entries are constructed entirely of edible materials. The results are simply amazing. Entries were judged on overall appearance, originality/ creativity, difficulty, precision and consistency of theme. See photos that we took yesterday on opening day (November 20) in our Gingerbread House Competition Guide on RomanticAsheville.com. They will be on display through January 2, 2013.
While hotel or restaurant guests may view the display at any time, others can view entries on Sundays-Thursdays, 10 AM until 10 PM. While there is no admission charge, there are new parking fees this year: outdoor self-parking $10, garage parking $12 and valet parking $15. Most entries are on the main lobby floor in both wings. Get a map at the information desk in the lobby.
The grand prize winning entry and selected other winners will be removed from the display during the third week of December as the resort transports them to New York City for its 13th straight appearance on ABC’s “Good Morning America.” This year’s winners are:
- Grand prize winner: Ann Bailey, Cary
- Second: Linda Carney, Asheville
- Third: Glenda Tant, Lebanon, TN
- First: Briley Ervin, Greenback, TN
- Second: Miss Howie’s First Grade Class from Black Mountain Primary School
- Third: Shan Patel, Asheville
- First: Lydia Gentry, Hendersonville
- Second: Carly & Carter Cantrell, Cookeville, TN
- Third: Grace Lebo, Nashville, TN
- First: Carly Owens, Swannanoa
- Second: Mary Figueroa, Fishers, IN
- Third: Lilli McFerrin, Black Mountain